Tuesday, April 7, 2009

John Mayer...Please Go Away


Let me first start off by saying, when John Mayer first hit the music scene he did not bother me. Fast Forward to fifteen stupid songs later, and I loathe him! He is not the worst musician ever, but I hate when people act like he is a musical prodigy. His voice is an annoying mumble and his songs are mediocre, at best. Who does this guy think he is?
I was outraged when  I heard his version of a Billy Joel song. John Mayer, you have got some nerve trying to cover a great artist like that! The only reason he is still successful now is because he is dating Jennifer Anniston. I suppose now he will try acting. I mean why not? He heard a song by a great musician and sang/butchered it. Why would he not assume he is qualified to be a thespian for buying an actress a dinner? I just hope he goes to a barbecue soon, maybe than he will want to be a cook. That way he will stay off the radio and out of the news.
Now with that said, I do have to agree that his new power-rock blues band, John Mayer Trio is very talented. But it is not necessary because of Mr. John Mayer. The band consists of drummer Steve Jordan from New York City and a Welsh bassist, Pino Palladino. Steve Jordon started playing with Stevie Wonder when he was just a teenager. He than went on to tour with John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd for The Blues Brothers tour. He has produced songs for great artist such as B.B King, Stevie Nicks, and Neil Young. The bassist, Pino Palladino, is from Cardiff , Wales and has played in a "little" band called The Who. He also has played along side Amos Lee, Eric Clapton, and Sir Paul McCartney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment