Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How to Fall in Love With A Band


The things I judge for a band  to learn if I enjoy them or not are: lyrics, originality, passion and personality. A way to find out all at once is to see them perform live. By going to a concert you can see how "into" the band is of their own music, listening to the music, and see how the band members connect with the crowd  to see their personality. I have been to shows where I thought they were pretty good on the radio and than hate them live. However, I have also been to shows where I thought the band was good and than walked away absolutely in love with them.

For example, when I first saw Widespread Panic in 1995, I knew that their music was very good. I thought I would enjoy them and wanted to experience a Panic show. But when I walked into the venue, I knew I was about to experience more than I had ever imaged. I absolutely fell in love with the band while they were playing live. The instruments are so much more alive and the energy the band gave off was incredible. Having been to over sixty shows, I know that I will follow them until the day they stop playing.

On the other hand, when I went to see the band Creed, I was completely stoked. But when I they got on stage, it seemed like they were tired and not excited to be on stage. Creed sounds much better on the radio than live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment