Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Billy Joel


I went to see Billy Joel in concert last year and I must say that it was one of the best days of my life! I've always been a fan of his music as long as I can remember. When I was a little girl I was singing We Didn't Start The Fire at the top of my lungs when it came on the radio. I know it is cliche, but Piano Man, in my opinion, is one of the greatest songs ever written. He has a song for every mood a human being could have. When I want to dance, Only the Good Die Young; when I want to cry; She's Always A Woman to Me; and when I want to day dream; River of Dreams. Every one of his songs are incredible, not to mention clever. 
Billy Joel has been playing music since his mother made him as a child. His father was a classical Pianist and his mother wanted him to relate to his father. Billy Joel has said that the kids used to bully him for playing music instead of sports. He missed his last final in High School and did not graduate. Instead, after seeing The Beatles play on The Ed Sullivan Show,  he wanted to follow his dreams and become a musician. He joined his first band in 1963 called The Echeos and than in 1967 he joined the band called The Hassels. He soon became solo and started writing his own music. 

Seeing him in concert was mind-blowing. It is unreal to me that one man can possess so much talent, he owns that piano. I hope I will be fortunate enough to see another show, until then, I will be waiting with open arms for any new songs he want to send my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment